Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Vacation Days 6 & 7

On Tuesday we started our trek home :( After we got home we mostly just chilled out at home getting settled back in. Then, Wednesday with one day left of Jay's vacation time we decided to go back to the local water park we visited on Memorial Day. It was great because when we went before Jane was a little too cautious to go on the water slides by herself but this time she acted like she owned the place! She went on every single water slide (including the huge blue one you see behind in that picture with Jay and Jill) by HERSELF! She really has come into this "threeness" overnight.


Kisses for her sister!

Jillybean was maxing and relaxing...


Speaking of Jane's "threeness" here is a quick aside:
A couple of weeks ago Jane was playing with a little boy at the play place at the mall and they stopped playing to have a conversation but I couldn't hear what they were saying. It looked very serious so later I asked her what she and the boy were talking about. She says, "potty training" HA! That wasn't a term we had used with her so I thought it was pretty funny. A few days later she told me she wanted to do potty training so though we had dabbled in it a bit before we did it in full force. There were a few accidents the first couple of days but pretty soon she was going all day and through naps too completely dry. Before we leave to go somewhere now she will say, "wait, I need to go potty first". I can't tell you how proud we are of how quickly she has done it and really almost completely on her own too!

3 comments:

Erin K said...

That's awesome (on the potty training and Jane's bravery on the slides). Jill looks so relaxed on that last photo on the chair, I'm jealous. Don't forget (how could you), Big Brother starts thurs.

Allison said...

I was going to say "that's awesome" and for all of the same things. You know what is "maxing" in that photo of Jilly Roll?! Her thighs! Whoa baby! I love me some baby chub!
~Allison

jessica said...

I am so impressed that Jane is so brave now, wow! THat had to be nice for you guys! And YEA, potty trained, woo hoo! She needs to work on Cooper for me on that one. I agree, Jill is adorable as always!