Monday, July 6, 2009

Vacation Day 5


It's dinosaur day!

Jane has been all about dinosaurs lately. Her favorite movie right now is Jurassic Park! She will ask to watch "the dinosaur movie" and I will put on The Land Before Time and she'll say, "No, the REAL dinosaur movie". So when we went to Moody Gardens and saw that they had a bunch of dinosaur exhibits it was right up Jane's alley. We decided to save all of the activities for one day and make it "dinosaur day". Jane was super excited!

First we went to the "Dinosaurs Alive!" They had these dinosaurs that move and "look at you". Jane was pretty nervous at first but very excited to see "real" dinosaurs.

Jill was asleep through the whole exhibit.

This dinosaur gave Jane a big hug and she walked away saying, "that dinosaur loves me!"
Then we went to see a 3D IMAX show about dinosaurs. Here is Jane showing off her glasses! She thought the 3D was great. She kept trying to reach out and touch the dinosaurs.

Then we went to the rainforest pyramid which Jane didn't think was as cool. She kept saying, "I want to see the 'aminals' now". I said, "come on plants are cool too." Jill certainly thought they were! :)
Then we found dinosaurs in the rainforest so maybe it wasn't that bad after all...

We also saw a 4D movie about dinosaurs. The movie itself was 3D and then the seats would vibrate and move and we were getting sprayed on (dino spit I suppose?). Jane thought that was a little too much I guess because she was sitting in the front row with Jay and she jumped up and ran and sat on some strange lady's lap thinking it was me. too funny!

5 comments:

Erin K said...

WoW! Jane is so brave! I think something like that would have scared me to death when I was a kid. Your pics are really good too.

Unknown said...

Mike would love this! How fun! Maybe we can squeeze it on our trip to Houston.

Joanne said...

It was so much fun! Moody Gardens is a GREAT vacation spot for a family! We can't wait to go again when the girls are older and hit up Schlitterbahn which is right on sight as well!

jessica said...

oh wow, what a fun vacation you guys went on! I had never even heard of Moody gardens, but I sure want to go now! That is too funny that Jane is so into dinosaurs! I'm glad she got to see so many! I'm sure you loved getting sprayed with "dino spit" :)!

Allison said...

Well, at least Jill had something good to read in case she woke up! So are you changing Jane's party to a dinosaur swim party? You have a couple of weeks, just whip up a mechanical dinosaur or two to "spit" on the slide and wet it down...
~Allison