Tuesday, July 21, 2009

July 20, 2009

Monday was Jane's actual birthday and even though her party had passed she still had more celebrations ahead!

The day started with her very first art class. We actually were supposed to start last week but I totally forgot! When we got there the teacher commented on how nice Jane looked and asked where she got her headband and I said she got it for her birthday and that actually today was her birthday so her teacher had her stand on a stool in front of the whole class while they all sang happy birthday to her- for her FIRST class! Now, those of you who know Jane know that this was actually more of a punishment than a treat (even though the teacher was trying to be nice). She had a pained look on her face like "when will this stop?" but she got through it all the same.

So for this art class the kids were painting rain gauges. Here is the before...

Here is Jane painting it...

She was very proud of her flower...

Here is the "after" pic...

After we got home from art class we had lunch and consequently a bath. So Jane had what I called a "birthday bath". The "icing" on her head is actually foam soap...

Jill seriously thought the icing on Jane's head was so funny. She was laughing out loud at it the whole time Jane kept it on her head.

Later that evening we all went over to my parents house. My dad made steaks and my brother and his family came over too. Here is Monica and Jill.

Stephen kept telling Jane it was actually his birthday and she would argue back that no it was HER birthday!

Jane had another birthday cake and another candle to blow out.

Who is more excited about the cake Jane or Carson?

Then there were more presents to open.
Jane's big birthday present this year was from us and my parents. Here is Jane's face when she saw it for the first time...

It's a..... DOLL HOUSE!!

Carson played with Jane and her doll house.

Here are some other pics from the night...


Preston and Jane

Cameron and Jill

Carson's not much for attention- can't you tell?

Jillybean and her daddy!

7 comments:

Allison said...

Man, it goes on and on!! What a fun filled week for Jane! Where is her art class?
~Allison

jessica said...

Fun art class, wow! And I agree with Allison, she had a birthday week instead of a day, how great! I love birthdays like that! Great family pictures.

Erin K said...

Looks like fun! Birthday weeks are the best! Happy Birthday Jane!

Joanne said...

Yes, I think she enjoyed her birthday week. Her art class is at the rec. center. That is where she goes for gymnastics too. The classes are cheap and good. Well we've only been to the art class once so I can't really say but for 3 or 4 dollars a class I'd say it's well worth it!

TLEB said...

We never made cool stuff like that when we took that art class! Yay - I'm glad she's changed it up a bit! What a fun day for Jane - and I love the doll house. It looks like she had another fun day of parties!

Unknown said...

What a great gift! I would still have my own doll house if it socially acceptable. And not to steal any attention away form the birthday girl... but is Jill not the cutest thing you have ever seen with that big bow!

Joanne said...

Kristy- yes, but now with little Adelyn you can get her a doll house and play WITH her. That is totally socially acceptable! How fun it is to have a girl!

I am not way into big bows but man, it IS cute!

Laura- I thought it was cute. AND it was appropriate because it was raining all day that day. We'll se what she has in store for next week.