Thursday, March 18, 2010

Aquarium and Jane's Photography

Thursday we went to the Dallas Aquarium with my cousin Kerri and her daughter Kylie. We had a great time! I really didn't know what to expect and with all of the crowds we've been experiencing lately I was worried but even though there were tons of people for some reason it really didn't feel that crowded and all five of us had a really good time. Turns out the aquarium is right up a 14 month old's alley.


Here Jill is pointing at the river otters. I am officially in love with river otters! They are super fun and cool. They were coming right up to the glass and trying to "play" with the girls, showing off and splashing around. It also happened to be their meal time so that might have something to do with it. Jill was scared of them at first and then she wanted more and more. Kylie was yelling "Oscars! Oscars!" so cute!
What's an aquarium without Dory and Nemo? Do you see them?

What's this? ANOTHER turtle? We can't go anywhere without seeing a turtle! Jill loves that. Kerri suggested that we buy Jill a little turtle at home since she loves them so much. I picture the little guy being smothered to death with "kisses".

Cute little penguin...

Now for the good shots! Jane has become a budding photographer and had my camera about half the time we were at the aquarium.

Here are a few of her gems...
We have about 30-40 pictures of this fish.
Kylie has one that looks a lot like this except it's Jane...

My friend Kristy was asking for a belly shot... here you go Kristy!

We also have a bunch of pictures of random people we don't know. I didn't think I would include those. I do really like this pic of Kerri though.

Here is a great looking wall.

But not as nice as this one.

So maybe she's still working on her talent.

6 comments:

Janelle's Little Blog said...

I love the Aquarium...haven't been in a few years...but it's awesome!

Allison said...

Oh the world from the view of a child. I always have fun viewing the world from Paul's height - it's so interesting to see how different everything looks from these different heights.
Anyway, I also like the pics that you took. What a cute little penguin!!

Erin K said...

So fun!!! I'm sure Jay is so proud of his budding little photographer. I think it's cool that she's taking an interest so early. Must be from watching you take all those pics. You're belly is SO Cute!!!

Meg said...

Yeah for the age of digital pictures! Jane can practice for free and be a pro by the time she takes photography in high school! LOVE that penguin!

Unknown said...

Jane needs her own scrap book for all her pictures... and I happen to have an extra kits she can have- I will bring for her on friday. Good mommy for nuturing those talents! And woo what a belly shot I love it! You look good and I am pround of you for getting out and about!

Anonymous said...

Jane looks like Alice in Wonderland in that blue dress and her hair in a head band (old-school Disney Alice, not new Tim Burton Alice.) And I LOVE the belly shot!!! Love it, love it, love it!
Tricia