Sunday, August 9, 2009

New Bow Holder

So.... I copied this idea from my friend Kristy (http://fey-next2heaven.blogspot.com) who got it from another blog. I actually did this days ago and am just now posting it. But here's what I did...

I bought an empty frame from Goodwill for a couple of dollars (per Kristy's suggestion) and painted it white. I bought a yard of blue minky fabric and glued ducky ribbon to the top and bottom over vertical strips of yellow ribbon- all to match my ducky bathroom. And then Jane and I added all of her bows to it and I hung it on the wall. Done. What do you think?

Jane was pretty proud!

Here it is hung up in the bathroom. I know you can't see any of the ribbon right? That's just how many bows she has!

Thanks Kristy! Keep the ideas comin'!

5 comments:

Erin K said...

I love it! Great idea! Just another idea to add to my to do list....:)

Allison said...

Yeah, no need for fabric or coordinating ribbon. The orig. idea didn't use any fabric backing at all - I haven't decided which way I will go yet. I have a while before Emily has enough hair!
It is it's own decoration with all of the cute bows and it is nice and BIG!
~Allison

Unknown said...

I love it! and Jane does look so proud Look at all those bows... I can't for Adelyn to have such a fun creation!

TLEB said...

Wow - those girls have a lot of bows!! I love it! What a great idea - I'm going to have to do this too!

jessica said...

How adorable! She did look so proud, so cute!