Sunday, August 30, 2009

Exploring


Today we went to the park for what Jane called "exploring". The park we went to has a lot of trails that go through a patch of woods so it's probably the closest Jane's come to actual hiking. And it was definitely enough "hiking" for me as I was/still am recovering from a stomach bug (so please don't look too closely at me in these pics).

First the girls played at the playground. Here they are on the swings...

Then we went for our walk. We crossed a bridge with some fish. Jay and Jane took turns throwing sticks at the fish to get them to swim. (We're real nature lovers right!)

After that Jane says, "I want to see more aminals". This was the closest thing we could find...

You see the lizard?

Here is Jay holding Jane up to look out over the "lookout".

And this is what she could see...

Jay beat us up to the top of this incline. I was trying to convince Jane to carry me- LOL!

We had a fun time!

7 comments:

Erin K said...

Looks like fun! What park was it?

Anonymous said...

Quite a teeze, Joanne! I scrolled quickly to find a picture of you post flu! Looks like Daddy and Jane had a fun time hiking in the wilderness!
~meg

Mom said...

Oh yeah, that lizard was definitely wild life.
~Mom

Allison said...

Yeah, I agree... where are you? We aren't supposed to look too closely at you in that FAR OFF pic?! I guess it is hereditary that I wanted to see. LOL
I want to go out on a hike!
~Allison

Joanne said...

Well, I actually typed that out before I picked out which pictures I was going to use. I was a little more selective than I originally thought I might be. teehee...
Really, though I wasn't lookin too hot!

Unknown said...

What a fun family day! Just wait till fall... I bet that park is beautiful then- where is it?

TLEB said...

I know that park but I can't place where it is...you'll have to let us all know where you went. Looks like fun!