Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fall Festival

 Sunday night my mom and I took Jane and Jill to a Fall Festival at a local church. First we started with, you guessed it, a bounce house!
 Then it was on to the pony rides. This was Jill's first time on a real pony. She was yelling, "Yeehaw!" and "MY pony!" Needless to say she LOVED it!

 Jane waited an extra turn so she could ride THIS particular pony. I guess you can see why. She got off and said, "Mom, that unicorn really likes me, she licked me!"
 Yes, this was Jill as Jane was riding the pony. She was screaming, "That's MY pony!" and "I want it!"
 Next, Jane made a pumpkin.
 It turned out pretty darn cute!
 This guy was there. He motioned for Jill to come see him and she walked right over to him like she had known this sock monkey her whole life and climbed up in his lap for a picture. I told my mom, "well, there you go, if you want to take a kid all you have to do is dress up like a sock monkey" SCARY!
They put on a little show about Jesus that Jane watched while Jill and I waited in line for the train.
 Here's a pic from the train ride and you can't tell by the look on Jill's face but she was in heaven on that train. During the ride she was yelling, "Wheee" and saying, "I ride the train!" Jane was chowing down on her trunk or treat candy and pointing out the wishing star.
There were some other activities as well like a live band and face painting (neither of my girls are in to face painting) and carnival games. I'd say a fun time was had by all!

4 comments:

Allison said...

Wow! I need to come back and hang out with the Sparks girls... you are having SO MUCH FUN! What a great evening event! Love that the girls enjoyed the ponies, Emily didn't want ANYTHING to do with them!

Erin K said...

That's awesome! Your girls are fearless!

Meg said...

I'd venture to guess that the sock monkey schtick might only work with Jill! She's a brave little girl!!

TLEB said...

What a fancy church festival that was! Jill is so fearless - it seems like everyone is her best friend - which is so sweet but scary at the same time :) Elizabeth would have LOVED the pony Jane was on - how special!!