Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Build a Bear


Today for Jillybean's birthday (special birthday post coming later) I took the girls to the Build a Bear Workshop for the first time! They both got gift cards for Christmas and I figured it was a good activity they would both enjoy. Jane was thrilled and Jill was...well... Jill was kinda sick. She woke up with a slight fever. So if she looks kinda lethargic that is why.

First you choose a bear. I wheeled Jill up and had her look at all of the different choices.

Then when she would point to one I would bring her one and if she pushed it away I knew that wasn't it. Then I finally got it right...

It was the bunny!

Jane's choice was a little more obvious!

Then it was time to stuff them. This in itself is a process. You choose a heart for your bear and you rub it on your tummy so she's never hungry.

And you rub it on your nose so she "knows" you always love her. And you rub it on your head and make a wish.

And then you put it inside your bear and then step on the pedal to stuff it.

Then of course you have to squeeze it to make sure it's stuffed right. Looks like Jane is happy with it.

Jill watched the whole process and thought it was interesting. Of course when the guy went to get hers she was like, "Nuh uh, you are not getting my bunny."

Of course after she finally gave it over Jane helped her rub her bunny's heart on her tummy, and her head, and made a wish for her and put it in her bunny.

Jill was happy with the amount of stuffing as well.

Now time for a bath.

"Here Jill bathe your bunny"

"Okay, I will do it for you."

Now for Jane's very favorite part, picking out clothes for and dressing your bear.

Then you register it, name it and print out a birth certificate.


Here are "Rainbow" and "Bunny" (can you guess which is which?). Jane says they are best friends.

So much fun! Thank you so much to Meemaw Joanne (Jay's grandmother) for the Build-a-Bear cards. Brilliant Christmas present!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

tHAT looks like fun- what a special gift idea. I never considered taking Mike- but now I think he would have fun!

PS you are looking so cute with that baby bump!!

Allison said...

I am having a hard time distinguishing who is who... I am going to take a stab at it and say that Rainbow has a very lovely dress on. So fancy!
What a fun outing for a cold, cold day!
~Allison

Joanne said...

Kristy- Ahhhh thanks!! You should take Mike on his birthday that way he and his bear can have the same birthday!

Allison- you got it right! Your deduction skills are keen!

TLEB said...

Happy Birthday Jill! It looks like your girls had such a great time there - what a great gift idea!
kristy - I'll bet Mike would love it - our nephews have gone 3 times and love it!

jessica said...

What fun! I really want to go do that! I can't believe Jill is already a year old!!! She is looking so grown up, and so is Jane!

Erin K said...

What a fun present! The girls looked like they had a great time. And I agree you are looking so cute with the baby bump.