Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Library Clown

Today we went to the local library (which we do most weeks for story time) but today they had a clown from Ringling Brothers. Jane had never seen a clown before so she didn't know what to expect. When I told her we were going I think she was confused what a clown even was because she said, "Are we going to see a picture?" and I said no it is a real clown and she said, "Does he have feet?" LOL! I said, "Yes a clown is a person dressed in funny clothes and they do tricks." and she said what she says about 100 times a day, "Why?" I told her to make you laugh. So the whole way there she was talking about how she wasn't scared and she was going to laugh.

She did! Here are some pics....

Jane sat in the front row!



She was one of the very few kids brave enough to get her picture taken with the clown even though several parents tried.

When we left they gave all of the kids a free clown nose. Jane took no coaxing to put hers on. She loved it!

4 comments:

Allison said...

Good job brave Jane!
~Allison

jessica said...

Wow, you are so brave Jane! Cooper cried and cried when watching a clown! You'll have to visit the circus now!

Joanne said...

I know! We are totally going to have to go to a circus. It's funny because before I got the idea to do Jane's birthday they way we are with the beach theme I had thought of getting a clown and doing a circus theme. There is a girl at my work whose mom is a professional clown and I was thinking of booking her but she said 5 was a better age- so that the kids wouldn't be scared. I might have to reconsider for next year since Jane seems to like them so much.

Janet said...

I'm glad Jane liked it! That was the SAME clown that scared Cooper at our library!