Monday, July 5, 2010

Fun Filled Fourth

I had the girls pose for me in their red, white and blue trying to get some Fourth of July pictures. Jane and Jill at least tried to humor me...

This is what I got from Jena, at least her onesie is honest ;)...

In the afternoon we went over to my cousin Kerri's house and spent the afternoon here...

Look at these twinkies...

We had a great time in the pool.

Here's Jane and her favorite cousin Kylie. Reminds me of Kerri and I when we were little...
After swimming we went back to Kerri's to change and then it was off in the wagon to a neighborhood cookout. (I didn't get any pics from the cookout)

After the cookout we went outside to wait for the fireworks to start. This was actually Jane's first fireworks display and Kylie's too so they weren't sure what to expect. They were both a little scared...
As it got darker and darker some of us conked out...

And others of us were growing more and more excited...

Finally they started!

It was a great display. The girls commented on how much it looked like fairy dust. Jane asked me at one point if it really was fairies.

Then Jay, Jill, Jena and I left and Jane had her first sleepover with Kylie.

Thank you to the Went family for such a fabulous fourth!!

7 comments:

Allison said...

Oh fun fun fun!! Looks like an awesome day - and Jane having a sleepover?! Woohoo! What a BIG girl! How was mom?
Happy Fourth!

Erin K said...

Great pics! Now I don't feel so bad that Sophia has yet to see a firework display. She always conks out before it starts. Oh and what an awesome pool!

TLEB said...

What a great day! That's awesome that Jane has a cousin so close in age - like you did with Kerri! I hope she had a great time at her first sleepover - she's getting so big!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun holiday! BTW: Did Jay and JD get a special on their swimsuits?? MawMaw

Janelle's Little Blog said...

Fun family day! Jo, your girls look so cute and "festive" ;)! Did you guys watch the Hurst fireworks? That's where we were...they were pretty good, I think. :)

Joanne said...

No we saw the fireworks from Craig Ranch.

jessica said...

Wow, that looks like such a fun fourth! First sleepover is such a big deal, wow! It looks like it was successful, she had such a smile on her face! Great picture of the two older girls (the first photo), they both are smiling so nicely! Jill is looking SO old!