Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Jane's Fourth Birthday


We had Jane's fourth birthday party at a local waterpark. We rented out this pavillion.
My mom made personalized towels as party favors for each of the guests.
As people arrived we served pizza, crazy bread and watermelon.
Here is my cousin Kerri and her daughter Kylie.
And then it was time for fun in the water park. Here are some of our guests...

This is Rachel and two of her three girls Julie and Chloe.
My brother Preston and one of my nephews, Cameron. Both of these guys were a huge help in looking after Jane and helping to unload and load up before and after the party. Thanks guys!!
Here is Laura with Josh, Drew, Ben and Elizabeth.
This is my friend Erin chasing after her doll, Sophia. I wish I had gotten some pics of Jill and Sophia because they were somewhat fascinated with each other at different times in the party- they were too cute!
This is Suzanne with her daughter Elise.
Jay and Jill
Here is Rachel again with Chloe, Heidi, Julie, Jennifer, and Jane. The birthday girl was hard to get pictures of during the party because she was constantly on the move and doing her best to avoid pictures. (curse of the mamarazzi)

Time for cake! Or cupcakes that is.

Jena didn't get to partake in the cupcakes but I don't think she minds. This is my sister-in-law Monica who was also a great help in holding Jena during the party.
The pinata was a big "hit"! Hahaha (sorry, couldn't resist!)
Cooper tries it out...
Here's Ben...
Jake taking his turn.

After everyone got a chance to whack it we decided just to tear it apart and then it was a candy free for all.
And THEN it made a cute hat...
Finally we ended the party with some present opening. Carson and Preston helped open presents because at that point Jane was so tired she pretty much wasn't agreeing to anything, including present opening.
I think everyone had a good time. I know we did!! It was a wonderful day and a great way to celebrate a beautiful and special girl!

I love you so much Jane and I hope your fourth birthday sticks out in your memory as a special time you were able to share with wonderful family and friends. I am continuously impressed by you as you grow older. You are such a thoughtful and nurturing person. So loving to your sisters and helpful to your dad and I. You surprise us with how smart you are and how quickly you pick up things. You are very perceptive and often understand concepts and conversations that are well beyond your age. You are funny, and sassy, and quick witted. I have told you before that it was no accident you are the first born. It becomes more and more apparent to me every day why the Lord has placed you as the oldest in our family. Happy birthday my beautiful girl!

8 comments:

Erin K said...

It was a super fun party! Thanks for the towel. It's perfect. Hapy birthday Jane! Sorry we had to leave early.

jessica said...

Happy Birthday Jane! We had a WONDERFUL time and loved celebrating your birthday with you! I agree, the towel is perfect, a great party gift! Hope your 4th year is a great one!

Allison said...

Such a sweet note and looks like a fun fun party! Happy Happy Birthday, Jane!

Anonymous said...

What a FUN party!!! Where to begin?! Cupcake cake, personalized party favors (your mom is so cool for doing that), swimming, pinata...wow! Happy birthday, Jane!
Tricia

Janelle's Little Blog said...

Fun party! Love this: "mamarazzi"HAHAHAA!! Looks like everyone had a great time--love the towels! Happy Birthday Jane!

Anonymous said...

I am so sad to have missed, but Jane looks like it was the time of her life! Happy Happy Birthday Jane!
_KristyFey

TLEB said...

It was such a great party - we loved it! The towels were extra special. Happy Birthday Jane!

Meg said...

Happy birthday to Jane! I love your note to her-especially honoring her position in the family! I hated being the oldest but seems like you'll be sure she feels special! Fun party!
PS-love the chub on Jena!!