Saturday, January 30, 2010

Headband holder


Anyone who knows my Jane knows that this girl likes her some headbands!! See below...






So... needless to say we have what seems to be a never ending supply of headbands and I have been thinking for a long time what to do with them all as we find them not only all over the bathroom, but also all over the kitchen, the living room, my room etc... After thinking a while I came up with covering a Quaker Oats container with scrapbook paper and maybe some ribbon. My problem was I couldn't think of how to keep the headband container still on the counter (picturing it rolling everywhere) so I was talking to my friend Rachel about something that would hold the container and she says, "Well, why don't you just stand it up?" DUUUUH!! So, after seeing numerous posts on my friend Kristy's blog about getting organized I decided just to do it. So here it is...


You can hardly see the paper and ribbon I covered it with because of all of the headbands! But trust me... it's cute!

After I had it all set up and was so proud of myself and the mess that was cleaned up (before picture is purposefully not shown) Jay says, "That's great! AND you could store stuff inside it too!" DUUUUUH! So I filled it up with Jane's soft ponies and ribbons and not only did I clean up the countertop in her bathroom but I ALSO cleaned out a whole drawer!

10 comments:

LaLa said...

What a great idea. May have to try this for my grand daughters.

Erin K said...

Love it! It is super cute and functional. What a gift you are teaching Jane...to be resourceful and organized.

Allison said...

Wonderful!! I was thinking that you were worried about it tipping over and I was thinking a paper towel holder but no need with weight inside! Very cute and perfect timing with all of the changes in your house!
~Allison

Janelle's Little Blog said...

Joanne! That is so cute! I love it! I wish I could be so creative!

The Bennett Family said...

I LOVE it!!!

Unknown said...

I will be making this! What a great idea!

TLEB said...

We have the same issue - I am totally making this! I love the fact that you could put all the rubber bands inside. Great idea!!!

jessica said...

That really is a great idea! So so cute. It looks really cute with all the headbands on it, they're like decorations!

Meg said...

Pure GENIUS!!!

Anonymous said...

I love it. Great job!!! MawMaw