Sunday, November 15, 2009

The weekend's adventures

So the really big news this weekend is that Jay and I found out on Saturday that we will be adding another girl to our family. I was pretty surprised because with this pregnancy being so different from my first two I felt sure that it was a boy. Wrong again! I kept asking the sonogram lady... "Are you SURE?" and "Can you check again?". I think in our thirty minute session she checked no less than 10 times. She would say, "There's nothing there Momma" and "that's a hamburger not a hotdog" (her words not mine). We are very excited and looking forward to years and years of nightly slumber parties ;)

In other news... Today I met up with my friends Laura and Jessica at a nearby park. Here are a few pics from there...

Jill is hating the swing isn't she? ;)


Here is a pic of Jessica's boy, Cooper.
We were there for about thirty minutes when Laura and her kids got there and they were there for about 5 minutes before it started pouring down rain! We all said quick goodbyes and ran to our cars. But the adventure (unfortunately for us) doesn't end there. When I got back to the car ready to go the car kept dying and I quickly realized that we were out of gas. Yes, I felt as stupid as you are thinking I am right now! In my defense I wasn't in my car and it just didn't occur to me to check the gas gauge in Jay's. So as we waited the next hour for help to arrive (in the form of my dad and a small gas can) I took some pics of us playing in the car because as I said it was raining.


Jill is like, "Hey mom, here are the keys... can we get going now?"

"Look, Jane I have the keys! Can you give them to mom so we can go?"

8 comments:

jessica said...

Yea for girls!!!! Congrats!!!! You are going to have so much fun with three girls, lots of fun princess parties and dress up in your future!
And I feel SO bad that you had to wait there so long for gas, I can't believe that! I am so sorry we left before you had started the car, we could have helped maybe! I apologize, next time we will wait for eachother to make sure no one has car problems!

Erin K said...

Congrats on another girl!!! At least you'll get some more wear out of all those girly clothes. Sorry to hear about your car troubles. Don't feel stupid. I've run out of gas before just trying to see how long I can go before I have to refill. Now that was stupid. But it looks like the girls had a good time anyways.

Joanne said...

Jess- no problems! You guys were toting around kids too! Besides the wait really wasn't that bad. Luckily the Expedition is big enough for the girls to get up and walk around in.

Allison said...

Congrats for the new J- girl! Bummer about your car! :(
~Allison

Meg said...

So you went from camping in a cabin to camping (sorta) in a car! I'm sure the girls, Jane especially, thought it pretty exciting. Jill is the practical one? Congrats on baby girl 3. I have two sisters and love it!
~meg

TLEB said...

Yay for another girl! They will have SO MUCH FUN together as they grow up - especially so close in age.
Why didn't you call me!!! I would hvae ran to a gas station and gotten you some gas - i would have been quicker than an hour :)

Unknown said...

Woo Hoo! A house full of girls... I am ready to find out her J name and what color her nursery will be! By the way... if you want barrow some maternity clothes let me know... not you dont have any, but they will seem new- i know what it is like to have to wear the same things for three years!

Also, I have ran out of gas twice! The last time I was all dressed up and headed out of a girls night... I made it all the way to the front of the neighborhood and had to walk six blocks back home... but the worse was telling Adam what I had done!

I love ya!

Unknown said...

PS. Erin and I are both right around the corner for the next time :)