Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Trains at North Park

Today my cousin Kerri and I took the girls to see the trains at North Park Mall. It was a great time. When we got there the girls were given conductor hats.

They didn't last long.

So Kerri thought she would give it a try.

It was a pretty cool display that had a model of downtown and of Mount Rushmore and the White House and New York City.

I didn't think Jill would get much out of it but actually she really liked it too!

After the train display we headed to the library (did you know they actually have a branch of the Dallas Public Library in the mall?) Jane found a nice reading spot.

Jill also found a good spot and an Eric Carle favorite.

Yeah, she's tracking words already. ;)

After a few good books Kylie and Jane made turkeys at the library's little craft table.


Jill met and played with a friend while the big girls made their turkeys.

All in all it was a really fun day with my bestie cousin!!! Love ya' Kerribear!

4 comments:

Allison said...

Wow - who knew there was so much to do at the mall? Looks like a fun day! Way to go, having Jill already tracking print. What will J-3 be able to do at 11 months? ;)
~Allison

Anonymous said...

I always loved the train exhibit! Didn't know there was a library there, what a bonus! Maw Maw

Erin K said...

This looks like something Sophia and Russell would both love to see! We'll have to check it out!

TLEB said...

I had no idea there was such a cool train exhibit in the mall! I don't know where anything really is in Dallas :) I hope you guys have a good Thanksgiving!