Monday, September 7, 2009

Caleb's First Birthday Party

The girls and I drove down to Houston this weekend for Caleb's first birthday party. Caleb is my best friend Julie's son for those of you who don't know. It was a quick trip, and the first I have taken with both girls by myself but we had a really good time.

Here are the three amigos...

Caleb got some really good presents, a lot of truck toys and truck clothes and an actual truck to ride too.

I think he liked his smash cake a little...

I just thought this pic of Jill was cute so I wanted to add it.

Julie did a wonderful job with Caleb's party. I think everyone had a really good time.


7 comments:

Allison said...

First "Mommy and Us" road trip, huh?! Glad you enjoyed yourselves! It is hard to believe that Caleb is already one! That means Jill's birthday is right around the corner! Yikes! Too bad Caleb was beat up just before his party... poor baby.
~Allison

Erin K said...

Love the matching dresses! Did your mom make them. If so, tell her great job! Love the last pic of Jill. She's growing up so fast.

Joanne said...

Yes, first road trip! It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it might be- actually it wasn't bad at all. We really had a good time.

I am not even able to THINK about Jill turning one- it seems like craziness that that could even be near!

Yes, Caleb got beat up by his bouncy seat when he somersaulted off the couch last week. You can't see Jane's eye but hers was all swollen up as well because of an ant bite near her left eye. They were quite a pair at the party.

Erin- No, my mom bought those dresses (on sale) but thank you, I thought they were cute too and I happen to have this thing for watermelon.

Unknown said...

First, I am so impressed that you road tripped by yourself with two- I tell ya you are my mommy role model. and holy moly those are darn cute dresses on those darn cute sisters!!

TLEB said...

You're so brave to take both girls on a trip together - especially a driving trip! I'm glad you guys had so much fun! The girls were so cute in their matching clothes - I love watermelon stuff too! So cute!

jessica said...

Wow, you are brave! What cute pics and it looks like Caleb had a fun birthday!

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I learn something totally new and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon
every day. It will always be useful to read through articles from other
authors and practice a little something from their sites.
My web page ... This Internet site