Thursday, March 15, 2012

Jane, the gymnast again :)

Jane has been taking gymnastics for the last few months at HEB gymnastics. Last Saturday was parents day so Jay and I got to see her class, they usually don't let the parents watch. Here is Jane with her friend Ali. I officially LOVE Ali, and here's why... The first day of her new gymnastics Jane was super excited to go until we actually got there, then it was a different story. As soon as I turned to go Jane starts crying, like bawling. Saying she wanted to go home and she didn't want to stay. I gave her a quick kiss and said "Be brave, you'll have fun!" and turned to go thinking that if she didn't see me she would recover and go in to the class. Instead, I could hear her crying from around the corner. I waited a few minutes and when the crying didn't stop I went back. She was hysterical. The teacher saw me and said, "Look! Is that your mom?" with a look of relief. Jane comes running towards me and hides her face in my stomach. Just as I was about to give in and take her home I see this little girl waving her hand rapidly from across the gym yelling Jane's name. I motioned for the girl to come closer and when she did I could see it was Ali from Jane's kindergarten class. I said, "look Jane Ali is here!" Jane turns, sees Ali who is holding her hand out to Jane, and without so much as a goodbye Jane grabs Ali's hand and happily runs off with her into the gym. She didn't so much as bat an eye every week after that. Thank you Ali!







We had a bit of time for roughhousing after class, which Jena very much enjoyed!

3 comments:

Erin K said...

Way to go Jane!Way to be brave!So proud of!

Allison said...

Yay!! Very fun and wahoo for Ali! It's in the name... ;)

PS I am laughing at the dad and daughter (?) in the background of the Jane and Ali pic really enjoying family day at the gym!

TLEB said...

Oh, what fun! Jane looked like a professional out there :) and cute picture of Jane and Jena playing!!!