Friday, February 4, 2011

SNOW day!

So we woke up Friday morning to a beautiful snow scene. After the COLD icy days earlier in the week it was so nice to have fluffy, soft snow and the temperature was in the high 20s- definitely bearable. First we decided to walk over to the park across the street. Here it is from our house.



There is our house. It looks so pretty covered in snow.
Then I decided to try my hand at snow angels.


Later in the morning we went down to the pond in our neighborhood for some sledding. (see videos below).





To finish off the afternoon we made a snowgirl in our backyard. Jill and Jane helped me fill buckets and dump them on our forming snow person.


Jane got a little silly with the buckets.


Here is our finished snow girl. Pretty small but bigger than last years!

After our snow girl was built Jill says, "I cold. I go in the house." So I thought she was ready to go inside but instead she turns around and does this...



What a great snow day!!! Thanks so much Mother Nature!

4 comments:

Erin K said...

I agree! What a great snow day! Love the videos of the sledding. And I love your snowgirl! What cutie Sparks girls!

Erin K said...

Oh, and I especially love YOUR snow angel!

Allison said...

What a crack up! That house must have provided great warmth! Where was miss Jena during the sledding adventure anyway?
Good job on the snow girl... poor thing didn't have much of a neck though. ;)

Unknown said...

What a great day... I so enjoyed the family videos! Jane is the perfect age to remember this. Are those sking bibs she has- that is great idea!